Belle of Liberty

Letting Freedom Ring

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Blogspotty Service

This a note to my e-mail readers to apologize for the technical difficulties my blog has been experiencing lately.

My blog is posted on two blog servers:  Blogspot.com and Wordpress.com.  Recently, Blogspot changed its formatting – and speaking as a customer, not for the better.  The service used to be more reliable.  I knew that when I pressed the “Publish” button, that the post would be published.

Recently, it has been publishing the title, but not the text of the blog.  Even when I review it beforehand, the post still comes up empty.  I don’t know whether it’s something I’ve been doing wrong, given the new format, or whether other forces are at work, preventing my blog from being viewed.  Blogspot is connected to Google, and we know to whom Google is connected.

These technical difficulties have been frustrating for me, and annoying to you, my readers, finding an empty e-mail in your Inbox.  I apologize most humbly.  I pride myself on my consistency in publishing and it must be puzzling to you, as well as my world-wide RSS-feed readers.  Always believing in a back-up plan, I post my blog on another site, Wordpress.com.  However, if you wish to receive the blog, you must answer an invitation, something most busy people don’t wish to be bothered with replying to such invitations.  Nor are most readers happy with being sent links.

I will, therefore, be placing you on an e-mail list and send you both the text and the link; you choose.  Sending the blog by my own e-mail means I can add more than ten readers.  My blogs will still be available on those two services.  If you want a job done right, as the saying goes, you sometimes do it yourself, however.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the interruption in service, and thank you for your faithful readership.

“Belle”

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home