Belle of Liberty

Letting Freedom Ring

Sunday, September 16, 2012

In Blank We Trust


In [Blank] We Trust

A day after deleting Him from their platform, the Democratic National Convention, whose platform committee was headed by none other than Newark Mayor Cory, and taking three voice counts, the first of which certainly sounded like it approved of removing God from the platform, the DNC got religion and resurrected the creator of the universe.

Three sentences were removed identifying Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, and another sentenced that denounced Hamas as a terrorist organization.

 “The Obama Administration has followed the same policy towards Jerusalem that previous U.S. Administrations of both parties have done since 1967,” a DNC spokeswoman said of the change in platform language. “As the White House said several months ago, the status of Jerusalem is an issue that should be resolved in final status negotiations between the Israelis and the Palestinians – which we also said in the 2008 platform. We will continue to work with the parties to resolve this issue as part of a two state solution that secures the future of Israel as a Jewish state and the homeland of the Jewish people.”

Also gone is a previous reference to “God.”  The 2008 DNC Platform stated:

We need a government that stands up for the hopes, values, and interests of working people, and gives everyone willing to work hard the chance to make the most of their God-given potential.

A Democratic official explained: “The 2008 platform reference is ‘God-given’ and is about growing the middle class and making America fair, not actually about faith.  The platform includes an entire plank on the importance of faith based organizations and the tremendous work that they do.  Further, the language we use to talk about faith and religion is exactly the same vocabulary as 2008. I would also note that the platform mentions: ‘faith’ 11 times; ‘religion’ or ‘religious’ 9 times; ‘church’ 2 times (one is a quote); and, ‘clergy’ 1 time.”

No matter how the Democrats tried to spin it, they just couldn’t fill in the blank.  The next evening, the DNC suspended the rules of the convention and reinserted “God” into the platform.

Or as Ben Shapiro of Breitbart.com reported it:

“Tonight, the Democratic National Committee suspended the rules of the convention and inserted language regarding God and the State of Israel back to its platform. They had to vote three times to do it – and they had to lie to deem it passed, even though it was clear that the measure did not pass a voice vote in the chamber. The original 2012 Democratic Party platform had excised all mention of God and Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel.

“Governor Ted Strickland of Ohio made the motion to change the platform:

“This summer, I was proud to serve this party as the platform drafting committee chair. I came before you today to discuss the two important matters related to our party's national platform. As an ordained United Methodist Minister, I am here to attest and affirm that our faith and belief in God is central to the American story and informs the value we have expressed in our party's platform.  In addition, President Obama recognizes Jerusalem as the capital of Israel and our party's platform should as well. Mr. Chairman, I have submitted my amendment in writing and I believe it is being projected on the screen for the delegates to see. I move adoption of the amendment as submitted and shown to the delegates.

“Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa of Los Angeles, the head of the Democratic National Convention, got up and asked for a two-thirds vote on the amendments to the platform. He took a voice vote, with people stating aloud ‘aye’ and ‘nay.’

“The first time, he couldn’t determine if two-thirds of the voters had said ‘aye’; a loud ‘no’ vote was heard. He asked for a second vote.

“The second time, he couldn’t determine whether the voice vote had passed. Again. Villaraigosa looked around in confusion.

“Finally, on the third attempt, Villaraigosa took a voice vote and simply declared, in the “opinion of the chair,” that it had been passed. There were widespread boos in the convention hall to the renewed inclusion of God and language about Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. And Villaraigosa was lying, in any case – there is no way that the voice vote had passed. Opponents stood up and protested, waving and shouting. The fix was in. The Democratic leadership had to ram a mention of God and a mention of Jerusalem through, violating their own rules, to avoid the fallout within their own ranks.

The DNC put God back in His rightful place, to the great displeasure of many of their constituents.  Whose name should go in God’s place in the phrase, “God Bless America?”   Obama?  Lenin?  Stalin?  Mao?  George Soros?  Saul Alinsky?  Satan?  Lucifer?

It’s been 12 days since this fiasco.  Have you noticed how Obama now uses the phrase “God Bless America” and similar words all over the place?  We’re going to need His protection now that the Media has set in motion Wag the Dog II?

God is back in His role.  Who will they get to play the fat bankroller?  I know – George Soros.  Monica Lewinsky might be available for the role of the White House publicist, Valerie Jarrett.  We could get the president’s brother George to play the role of our Las Vegas-bound gambler-in-chief; he needs the work.  DeNiro could reprise his role as the Hollywood producer Bacile.  Lady Gaga could play the peasant girl holding the cat.  As for the ex-convict as the hero soldier, the prison would certainly let Wesley Snipes out on furlough.

Finally, they’ll need to get Willy Nelson to do another song about shoes.  I’m thinking “Slap Me Upside the Head with My Shoes” or “Shoes Me.”

Shoes Me

Use me
Abuse me
Lose me
Accuse me
What can I say?
Shoes me; I’m a Coptic Christian

 Sues me
Excuse me
Dues me
Refuse me
What can I say?
Shoes me; I’m a Coptic Christian

I don’t bow to the east
I don’t speak Arabic in the least
I’ll keep my shoes on in the hall
Jesus already saved me from the fall.

 
So shoe me
Crew me
Glue me
Hew me
I’ll still be a Coptic Christian.

More’s the pity for you.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home