Belle of Liberty

Letting Freedom Ring

Monday, September 12, 2011

News of The Towers of York

I have the pleasure of announcing that my poem, The Towers of York - A Ballad, was accepted by the National September 11 Memorial and Museum’s Artist’s Registry.  Based at the World Trade Center, this is an electronic archive of poems, stories and artwork related to 9/11.  I’m so grateful to them for this honor.  When I showed the poem to my family, which was first published in a local newspaper on the first anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, my brother (the one who always teased me) liked it and thought it would wind up in a September 11th museum someday.  I didn’t believe it (although I submitted just in case he was right).  Some 75,000 poems have been written about September 11th.  But then, today, I just happened to google the poem’s title to see if anyone has noticed it other than here on my blogsite and what do you know?  There it was:



Sisterly thanks to the brother who teased;
With my 9/11 poem he was always well-pleased.
Thanks, too, to Mom, who was with me that day.
In our hearts the Twin Towers always will stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home