Belle of Liberty

Letting Freedom Ring

Friday, February 11, 2011

Call Me Crazy, But....

“There is only one Lord of the Rings, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power.” Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

“’Saruman,’” I said, standing away from him, ‘only one hand at a time can wield the One, and you know that well, so do not trouble to say we! But I would not give it, any, I would not give even news of it, now that I learn your mind. You were head of the Council, but you have unmasked yourself at last. Well, the choices are, it seems, to submit to Sauron, or to yourself. I will take neither. Have you others to offer?’” Gandalf, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, Ch. 11.

The Morristown Tea Party was very unhappy with my last posting and asked me to take them off my list. So I obliged them. It’s not the first time. As I’ve said before, they pulled me off the podium at the first tea party, when I made the focus of my speech education. But I was right.

Then moderate RINOs were trying to pull them off the Conservative track, I did verbal battle with them at the meetings and on the group’s website. The group finally ordered me off the website. But I was right. Alas! Prophets are without honor in their own countries.

There’s just so much reality average people can deal with before they say, “Go away! Shut up! I don’t want to hear any more! You’re scaring me! You’re just a nut!” Only I’m not one of the hundreds of thousands of Egyptians ready to storm the palace, or wherever Mubarak is holed up.

I think Morristown mistakenly identifies with the Egyptian protesters. They think the protesters are like Tea Partiers, clamoring for freedom, simply looking to oust a corrupt despot. They’re not, though. Morristown isn’t very studied on Islam or Middle Eastern history, although they have addressed the issue of terrorism here in America. Neither is anyone else, apparently. They probably figure they’ve got enough problems right here in good ol’ New Jersey, without worrying about what’s happening half a world away.

Though it’s sad, I’m glad they kicked me out. Now I definitely know I’m right.

Unfortunately. I feared all along that these days were coming upon us, but I hoped I was wrong. I wanted to be wrong. Everyone told me I was wrong. The truth is like a hard nut. You can either take the risk and bear your teeth down on it, cracking the shell and finding the nugget of truth inside. Or you can put it aside, fearing to break your teeth and jaws, because you haven’t the fortitude to break through the shell and discover what lies within.

We’re a very settled, comfortable people, we Americans. Aside from the shock of 9/11, we haven’t really known any sort of war or violence since the 1960s. Younger Americans weren’t even born yet, or were only very small children. The notion that there’s a body of religious fanatics intent on taking over the world seems fantastic and unbelievable. The Media, for its part, plays up to that willing disbelief. Egypt is also so far away, a country most Americans have never visit us. The Egyptians want what we want, they assure nervous Americans. To believe otherwise is too negative and frightening. The Tea Parties have just won an incredible victory. They can’t be blamed for not wanting to hear that the that victory is small in comparison to the veritable tsunami that is building far across the ocean.

Initially, the French Revolution was successful. The monarchy was deposed, replaced by citizen committees where there were no actual leaders. That set up the vacuum for the Islamicized Napoleon to take power. The French could do nothing with him. It took a consortium of European leaders, led by the Duke of Wellington, to depose Napoleon. Then there were another 50 years or so of more revolutions until France began to settle down into the modern Republic we know today.

Rid of Napoleon, a century or so later (give or take a decade or two), France – and all of Europe – was threatened by yet another tyrant. It took an alliance with America to rid herself of that dictator. Now, once again, France is the seedbed of revolution. This time, America herself has been corrupted. Who will come to the rescue this time? Luke Skywalker?

I believe there’s always hope and nothing has to be written in stone, as it were. But we can’t fight this enemy with our eyes closed, wishing the bogeyman away, pretending he doesn’t exist. The world can still make one last stand for freedom and liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

Nor can we fight it with a negative attitude. Or a complicit one. Last night, I was watching a program last night about physicist Stephen Hawkins and the incompatibility between the theory of relativity and quantum physics. He had a theory about positive and negative electrons and black holes. The positive electrons have the ability to escape the gravity of a black hole, whereas the negative electrons are too weak; they’re pulled in and crushed.

We’re being lied to. No matter how friendly Muslims may appear, the peaceful Muslims have the same goal as their violent brethren: the domination of Islam. The friendly are simply like any other “missionaries,” whose goal is to gather us in, like stray sheep. They don’t want violence any more than the comfortable middle-class suburbanites of Morris County. They don’t approve the tactics of the extremists; but they share the same beliefs.

The stage has been set and the chess pieces are all in place. Yesterday, the Egyptian mobs were moved in and out and in and out again by Obama. They’re building for a final surge, it seems, after today’s Friday prayers. The Egyptian military has only two choices: to fire on their own people or to let the mobs overthrow the government (corrupt as its current occupants are, the structure itself is still sound). Perhaps it will not come to pass. We all hope not.

I was watching the news last night. It was the middle of the night in Egypt and all seemed calm. I’m sorry, but while I hope for the best, I do, in fact, fear the worst. This is simply the calm before the storm. The Muslims have not changed in the 14 centuries since Mohammed gathered the clashing tribes of the Arabian peninsula under one religious umbrella. We are the only ones who have softened and shut our eyes and our ears to the facts - and these protesters don’t look and haven’t acted very peacefully; they’re anger may be justified. Then again, maybe it isn’t. As has been pointed out, we know very little about the real nature of the Egyptians. Our reporters over there can’t be sure whether they’re being told the truth or not; they can only take what they’re told at face value. To the Muslims, our love of peace is a weakness to be exploited. There may not be anything we can do about it, but one thing, at least, we should not do and that is allow ourselves to be deceived.

Many thanks to Glenn Beck for pointing out that this is the anniversary of the Iranian Revolution. We see how well that worked out and how helpful Obama was in assisting the students crying out for democracy there.

As for MTP, or any conservative pundits whom this rather negative news upsets, I can only quote Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind: “I’m sorry if the truth offends you.”







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home